Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Friday, October 24, 2008

Process & FAQ

After launching a brand new theknot.com ad campaign and getting to meet so many new brides at the festivals I have visited I thought it would be helpful to create a posting describing what it is like to work with me as your wedding photographer. This will go over the process and what you can expect from our first meeting to the delivery of your wedding pictures.

Initial Meeting:

When a potential client contacts me regarding wedding photography the first step in the process is an initial meeting. Usually we will meet somewhere quiet and central like a starbucks. This is a great opportunity for us to discuss what you are looking for in a wedding photographer. I bring to this meeting a physical copy of my portfolio, a pricing/testimonials sheet and sample albums. I will go over my contract and leave you a copy, I won't pressure you into making a decision right then however. Who you choose as your wedding photographer is a very big decision, one that requires time to really go over your options.

Booking:

You've decided to book. You've thought about everything your looking for and what I have to offer will give you that. In order to reserve your date I would require 50% of the total and a signed contract. The second half of your total won't be due until 30 days prior to your event. Now its time to book your complimentary engagement session. Together we will brainstorm the perfect location(s). It could be the place he proposed, where you went on your first date, your favorite park or somewhere with a different type of scenery than you will have for your wedding formals.

Engagement Shoot:

We will meet for your engagement shoot at spend at least an hour exploring our location(s). During this time I really love to capture the two of you as you are. I encourage you to interact with one another naturally just as if I wasn't there. We will get those posed shots that you might use for the announcement or your save the dates as well. However what I am really striving to capture in this session is the love and emotion the two of you share. You can bring as many outfits as you like, I would also recommend wearing comfy shoes as we will be exploring!

Processing:

All of your engagement photos will be digitally processed and enhanced. Colors will be brightened, contrast will be increased, images will be sharpened. if inspired by an images I will get creative perhaps adding a texture, or giving it that 'retro' feel. In any case you will receive a CD of the high res images in color, black and white and a third copy if any special effects were applied.

Location Scout:

You won't need to be present for this step. Prior to your wedding date I will visit your venue. If possible I will discuss your setup with your coordinator. I will scout out the locations we will use for our formal photos. This will give me a better idea of what we can do on your special day to creatively capture your event.

Final Meeting:

About 1 month prior to the wedding date we will meet again. Either in person or via telephone. At this time we will discuss the actual timeline of the event. We can share ideas for photos. If you have photos that you love and would like recreated please feel free to bring a few of them to this meeting. We will discuss your family formals and who you would like photographed. Additionally I will ask for a list of your vendors. Because they have done so much to make sure your day goes off without a hitch I typically provide them with promotional photos of their products and services as a thank you. It is also during this meeting that we will discuss album options. Albums are a great way to showcase and protect your photos. I offer numerous options of magazine style custom designed albums. Your photos are printed right on the page and chosen by you. Each page is custom designed , I don't use templates. Backgrounds for this album will be actual photos taken during the wedding at your venue and surroundings. In order to ensure that I have enough photos for you album I would need to know before the big day.

The Big Day:

The morning of the wedding I will call you to let you know I am on my way. Since all of my packages come with two photographers both the bride and the groom getting ready will be covered. I will start with with bride while our second photographer will be with the groom. After I have taken the getting ready shots as well as formals the second photographer and I will switch allowing me to take the formal shots of the groom and groomsmen. During your ceremony both the second photographer and I will capture every detail moving discreetly throughout the ceremony so as not to distract the guests or interrupt the natural events. After the ceremony we will begin taking your formal photos starting with family, progressing to the entire bridal party and ending with the bride and groom. Similar to your engagement session our formals will be very natural, relaxed, portraying the love and excitement between the two of you. We can take these are the ceremony location or even pick out a special locations just for these shots. Complete photo journalistic coverage of the reception is a must and with the benefit of having two photographers you'll get every event from 2 angles.

Processing & Delivery:

After the wedding it will take approximately 4-6 weeks for the photos to be completed. You will be provided with an online gallery to share the photos with family and friends. While I may be working on multiple weddings all at once I would encourage you to keep checking your gallery regularly. As photos are processed they will begin to appear. They will all be digitally enhanced and color corrected just like the engagement session. Once again you will receive the CD with high res copies in color, black and white as well as a third copy if I were to apply an artistic effect. Want to create your own prints? You are given personal copyright allowing you to have photos printed whenever, wherever. Looking for a higher quality print? Perhaps something bigger than an 8X10 or something on a specialty paper? My website allows you the option of ordering professional quality prints from Ardent.

Album Creation:

After your photos are done you are ready to choose those that you want designed into an album. The number of photos you are able to choose depends on the album you choose. 50% of the album total is due at this time in order for creation of your album to begin. It usually takes about 3-4 weeks for your album to be designed and sent to the binder. Once your album is complete the remaining portion of the total will be due prior to it being sent to you or picked up.


FAQ Section:

Can I give you a list of shots that I would like taken during my wedding?

Many wedding planning books suggest bringing a list of shots you would like to have. While initially this may seem like a good idea when you are looking for photo journalistic coverage this may in fact hinder your results. Photo journalistic coverage captures your wedding as a story. Starting from beginning to end and built as the events unfold. It is extremely important for me as your photographer to be able to concentrate on everything that is happening around me. Concentrating on a list of shots may cause me to miss what is happening naturally. If you have an experienced photographer and have picked based on their style of photographs being your style you won't have to worry about the important events being missed. The photos you will receive from Ardent will be EXACTLY like the photos on our website, marketing materials and samples. I provide each client with the same level of creativity and high quality coverage.

I don't need everything in my package can I swap for something I do need?

Absolutely. My packages are meant to serve as a guideline. If there are items you are not in need of I would be happy to replace them with something you DO need. Please feel free to contact me regarding your unique situation.

I am on a budget but love your work. Are your prices negotiable?

When I started as a wedding photographer one of my main focuses was to be able to provide high quality fine art wedding photography at a price that people could afford. When deciding on my package pricing I researched the markets where I offer my services. I tried to see what other photographers of my skill and experience were charging their customers and give MY customers a better deal. Because of this my pricing is as quoted. I do occasionally run specials that will provide a discount. In addition if you really are on a budget we may be able to accommodate you by removing pieces of the package that you may not be needing. Removing the second photographer for instance will bring the price of any package down by $200.00, if your not in need of an engagement session you can take $100.00 off and so on and so forth.

These are just a few questions I have been asked. If you have a question please feel free to email me at info@ardentphotographyinc.com for more information.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP