Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Thursday, March 26, 2009

Char & Chris | Esession ~ Denver, CO

Sitting at our initial consultation before they were even official Ardent clients I remember Char & Chris being so playful, so loving that I just knew they were one of those couples that will always be THAT in love… I was thrilled when they asked me to shoot their wedding at the Stanley this June. Estes Park is June will be lovely, lush greens, nestled in the mountain scenery and big blue sky… for this reason we decided to mix it up a little but with their engagement session. So this past Sunday we made a trip downtown…

We started at the Denver Museum of Art. It is nearly impossible to find locations downtown that have yet to be photographed. So I made it a point to try to photograph those same places in a way that would scream Chris and Char through the pictures. Civic Center Park, The Millennium Bridge, Union Station and this great little alleyway in Central downtown all made lovely canvases for this ‘ubercouple’. Photographing them was so easy, they let their personalities and they love they have for one another just shine though. My camera and I were lucky enough to be invited into their world for the evening! Accompanying me on this shoot was a good friend Anita Roach of Anita Roach Studios. Anita was so helpful, at one point she even ran to get my parched clients some Vitamin water, now that’s THOUGHTFUL. It was fun to trek through downtown and just see what inspiration brought… a great example of this is the first photo in this series. We were walking past Union Station wrapping up our session as the weather turned cold and the light was becoming non existent. Chris mentioned that it might be cool to get a shot on the tracks since there was a train at the station. Char seemed a little unsure of actually being on the tracks so we settled for VERY near the tracks. This was shot on the fly before the train departed. I have got to say this is one of my favorite images. Its screams old time cinema to me, looks like she is seeing him off for the last time, saying goodbye to the love of her life…

Here are a few of my faves! Char and Chris I cannot wait to see you guys this summer!


5 comments:

Becky March 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

Great set Steph! #1 is my fav by far, it's soooo beautiful!

Eliotbinks March 26, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

You are too sweet. Thank you for the wonderful comments, and of course, the wonderful pictures!!

stacyZ March 26, 2009 at 2:22 PM  

The train shot is definitely my favorite as well. What a fabulous session. June will be amazing I am sure!

SarahG March 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM  

those are AMAZING!!! wowza!

Rob Robertson March 31, 2009 at 11:17 PM  

Great work, I love train stations. I have been wanting to do a session @ the station in Sac... some day

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP