Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Monday, April 20, 2009

Rebecca & Mitch ~ Laramie, WY

Wyoming weather is crazy. Coming from a girl who used to live in Denver that says a lot… This weekend started out jam packed with photography. All day Saturday I was planning to shoot soccer team and action photos for Osborne Athletics. Sunday had two engagement photos on the books. The Thursday night we got snow. Not just your everyday run of the mill snowstorm either but a crazy snowstorm that held up until Saturday afternoon. Soccer was definitely postponed. Sunday morning’s session with Brie and Zach had to be rescheduled due to the massive amounts of snow on the ground. My evening session Rebecca & Mitchell had wanted to go for more of an urban feel. So I went out early afternoon, tracking through sloshy snow to check out the current state of our locations. Since they would be in town anyway we decided to go ahead as planned. Fast forward to five o’clock and the snow has miraculously melted leaving sunshine in its place…

Rebecca and Mitch were so easy to photograph. Not only is the tremendous amount of love between them very apparent but they were naturals in front of the camera making my job easy. I feel like every time I would open my mouth to give them some kind of cue they were two steps ahead changing their pose to fit what I was seeing in my mind. Rebecca’s stunning hair and amazing eyes, coupled with the fact that Mitch is an expert on making his lovely fiancĂ© smile and giggle made for some really great photos. My talented husband also came along for this session. I am sure you will recognize his wide angle shot, but my favorite is the portrait with the sun glare. It’s always interesting to me how two photographers (especially when they are me and my husband) will see things completely differently. Rebecca & Mitch you are going to get quite a set of photos… Thank you for coming out even though we anticipated the weather being bad. Rick and I had a lot of fun with the two of you. I cannot wait for you to see the rest of these!

Here are a few of my favorites.


Here is a picture Rick snapped while doing this session. I love this photo as I feel it gives you such a perspective of what we had to work with. Snow, crabgrass, mud, an ACTUAL abandoned warehouse. There is so much that goes into a shoot like this to really pull from its creativity opportunities without showcasing its less than appealing nature.










0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP