Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Beginning

The other day I was going through my online photo inbox. For me this now consists of thousands of photos that once upon a time were uploaded for one project or another and just never done away with. So much of the junk in there was completely useless now and of course as part of any proper spring cleaning it was promptly deleted. During the process however I came across a photo that I know will never be deleted. It will never be forgotten, never overlooked, never discounted and never taken for granted... the first photo of my professional career. The photo that opened my eyes as a photographer, sparked my passion and still to this day touches my heart and fills me with a sense of purpose, peace and opportunity.

The following photo was taken at a Rodeo in Westcliffe, CO. It was for a feature on the local rodeo that had been commissioned for the Canon City Daily Record. At the time although I liked taking pictures I had not done so professionally as of yet. This was sort of my "audition" for a freelance position within their photo department. The accompanying cut line is so basic (as is the photo) but it definitely takes me back to when everything started. I remember taking this photo with my Kodak CX7530, a far cry from my current baby my D300. I've come so very far as a photographer. I am so blessed to be able to follow my passion as a profession. This photo definitely gives me some perspective. Cutline reads: Jaydon Warnke, 3, watches the 59th Westcliffe Stampede Rodeo on Sunday from a fence just outside the arena. Warnke, Trinidad, has been roping since he was 6 months old. Photo taken 07/16/05.


0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP