Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A Moment...

This weekend I had one of those *moments*. I was in my car after shooting some getting ready photos at the Mia Bella Salon in Wheatridge, CO. I was on my way to the ceremony site in Morrison, music playing and windows down. I found myself smiling uncontrollably, singing at the top of my lungs and filled with such happiness at being able to have my passion, my love be my profession. You mean people pay me to travel to interesting places and use my camera? That is a sweet deal no matter who you are. I live for moments like those. I am so fortunate and I never take it for granted. I get chills when I capture that look from a groom so in love with his bride. I’m that photographer with the fish eye lens getting yelled at by the venue coordinator for stepping in their flowers again to get that perfect angle. Nothing thrills me more than returning home to my husband excited like a little kid to show him the “money shots” I got throughout my day.

This weekend I had the pleasure of second shooting for my dear friend Amy Wadlington of True Photography. Jordan and Chris held an intimate ceremony and reception at the Willow Ridge mansion in Morrison, CO. They were such a laid back couple. Not overly concerned with the little details that can drive most couples mad, these two were there to celebrate the love they had for each other. It was a beautiful short and sweet ceremony followed by a lovely reception that featured perhaps the best cake cutting I have ever witnessed. These two did not hold back, we are talking cake shoved into nostrils ladies and gentleman.

It’s always interesting to me, second shooting. When you are the primary photographer there are certain shots you have to take, certain responsibilities you have for your clients. As a second shooter you just have to have open eyes and an open mind. You basically get to be in observer mode the entire time seeking out interesting angles, intimate interactions and other moments that would normally have gone unseen. As an artist second shooting helps me to hone my creativity and see the wedding as a whole, not just a chain of events being photographed. I like to second shoot from time to time especially with photographers who I admire. I hope I never stop learning and improving, this is such a great avenue for me to do both. As always I will end my post with photos. Here are a few of my favorites from Sunday.


  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP