Welcome to the Ardent Photography Blog!


My name is Stephanie Ann Osborne. I am based in the Rocky Mountains but travel all over shooting weddings and taking

portraits. This is where you will see my most recent work as well as what’s happening in my life. My goal is for my clients

to get to know me....whether that is through my pictures or just me sharing with you what is going on in my life.


Thanks for stopping by! And if you like what you see leave a comment (us photographers thrive on feedback).


- Stephanie



Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Perfect Dress

This past weekend I had the pleasure of photographing the Alfred Angelo on Tour event at Mountain Valley Bridal here in Laramie. Photographing beautiful brides in designer gowns and chatting about wedding plans all day long, does my job get any better? There is something about the confidence that just beams out a new bride when she tries on that perfect dress. You can just tell that it is THE ONE. I got teary eyed on more than one occasion… It was amazing to be able to share in this type of a moment with so many new brides this weekend. As always the ladies at MVB were so accommodating and an absolute treat to work with.

I learned so much about wedding gowns this weekend. In addition to sharing some photos I thought I would share some interesting tidbits as well. Did you know wedding dresses don’t have to be white? They can be white, ivory, gold tone, have color embellishments, beading, trains, sashes etc. Strapless dresses often come with straps that you can have your seamstress sew on for you if that is what you prefer. There is more than ONE way to bustle a dress depending on the look you’re trying to achieve. Dresses meant for bridesmaid attire can also be ordered in white is simplicity is more your thing. Believe it or not I am not the only crazy yahoo who wants to get married in flip flops, they come VERY dressy and perfectly suitable for such an occasion. However perhaps the most important thing I learned is this… TRY EVERYTHING ON. On the rack the dresses look so different. What you like or dislike on someone else can be (and often is) totally different than what you will like on your own body. I witnessed girls who wanted a short dress end up loving a long train, ladies against color who ended up adding green to their dress (yes green) and countless other anti strapless brides find the perfect strapless gown. A good bridal consultant is worth their weight in gold and Amanda and Keileigh at Mountain Valley Bridal are the best. The Alfred Angelo tour is over and sadly all those dresses have been sent back to the designer however, MVB has an amazing selection of non tour Alfred Angelo dresses as well as many other designers making finding your dress easy.

Here were a few photo highlights from the event.

2 comments:

Kei March 18, 2009 at 11:47 AM  

Gorgeous pictures for that blog!!!!

Stephanie Osborne March 18, 2009 at 2:06 PM  

Thanks! They were my favorites!

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008 | Distributed by Blogger Blog Templates of the Fractal Blog Network

Back to TOP